PARENTS ASSURING STUDENTS SUCCESS (PASS)
IBU BAPA MEMASTIKAN PENINGKATAN AKADEMIK ANAK (IMPAK)
It is the wish of all parents to be the educational guide to their children. But, they do not know how to go about it. With this in their mind, John R. Burne and Vickie Burt of the United States joined hands with interested parents and educationists and developed this programme. In Malaysia, Tamil Foundation Malaysia adopted this programme with necessary adjustments to suit the local needs for the use of parents of Tamil school students and introduced it to the Tamil schools.
Aims and Objectives
- To empower parents to help their children to do better in school and to subsequently give them a head start in life.
- To move parents to a more central position in relation to their children’s education and not to let them remain on the sidelines and be contented to let others educate and guide their young.
Initially this program has been started with 8 weeks and currently continuing conducting with 10 weeks for three hours per week. The topics are as follows:
- The attitude of the parents.
- Home environment.
- Study skills.
- Homework and Learning Expediters.
- Helping children Prepare for test.
- Memory Skill.
- Thinking Skill.
- Teaching Reading skills and Note taking lesson.
- Finance Management.
- Health Management.
The benefits derived from participating in this programme are:
- It builds a bridge of relationship between home and school.
- It creates a closer relationship between the parents and their children.
- It lays the foundation for the proper development and a bright future for our children.
- It makes the parents a qualified and skilled guide.
- It by making the children happy and elated paves the way for a happy family.