TAMIL FOUNDATION MALAYSIA AND AIRASIA BERHAD – NICCIPS INITIATIVE
National and International Conference and Competition Initiative for Primary Schools (“NICCIPS”) is a joint initiative by the Tamil Foundation and AirAsia Berhad to support and encourage the involvement of primary school students from Tamil Schools in the field of science and technology.
In tandem with government’s initiative to enhance capacity and capability of the students in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), many national and international science competitions are being held to bring out the scientist inside every child. The NICCIPS initiative supports and encourages by providing free air travel tickets to the students and teachers who are eligible to participate in the national and international science competitions.
AirAsia Berhad being a prominent airlines company through its CSR initiative has come forward to collectively sponsor up to 100 return economy class / standard seat airline tickets for flights operated by AirAsia and AirAsia X branded airlines. The tickets sponsorship comes together with 20kg free luggage for each A320 Sponsored Ticket or 25kg free luggage for each A330 Sponsored Ticket. The sponsored tickets are applicable to and from destinations serviced by AirAsia Berhad.
Tamil Foundation Malaysia being an instrumental NGO in the transformation of Tamil schools and Tamil education in Malaysia will be the project delivery partner. Tamil Foundation has in many years conducted transformational activities, initiatives and programmes for Tamil school students, teachers and parents. The foundation introduced Young Scientific Explorers programme in the year 2005, where they had created great momentum among Tamil schools to excel in science and mathematics competitions around the world. The Young Scientist Explorers programme is now known as Science Fair for Young Children.
The NICCIPS initiative was mooted by Honourable Minister YB M.Kulasegaran early 2019 and were executed through several discussions by Tamil Foundation Malaysia with AirAsia Berhad. The noble thought of YB M.Kulasegaran is deeply appreciated by the Foundation and AirAsia. The initiative is also supported by Tamil School Headmasters Association.
NICCIPPS initiative signing ceremony was held on the 7th October 2019 at SJKT Vivekananda, Jalan Templer, Petaling Jaya. The event was graced by Honourable Human Resource Minister YB M.Kulasegaran, Honourable Deputy Education Minister YB Teo Nie Ching and AirAsia Berhad CEO Mr.Riad Asmat.
The ticket sponsorship application is open from 10th October 2019 onwards. All application must be applied by respective Tamil school’s Headmaster to Tamil Foundation Malaysia. All application shall reach Tamil Foundation’s office at least 90 days before the actual competition day.
For more details
Kindly contact NICCIPS Secretariat at details below: Person in Charge:
Ir. MATHANRAJ.G Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com Contact Details: 03 – 7955 6533 / 03 – 7955 3578
Rules and Regulations
- All application must be submitted to Tamil Foundation’s NICCIPS committee at least 60 days before competition date.
- All Competition’s shall be an approved event by Ministry of Education Malaysia.
- Tamil Foundation shall act as an intermediary and/or coordinator between AirAsia Group and the applying party, Tamil Schools.
- Tamil Foundation formed and Independent committee to accept, evaluate and endorse application by Tamil Schools to participate in International Level events or competitions. All decision made by the committee are final.
- Only events or competitions along AirAsia flight travel route shall be taken into consideration.
- The following items are excluded in the sponsored tickets, where the applicants shall obtain and bear the cost for the following :-
- Flight tickets not serviced by AirAsia Group;
- in flight meals;
- in flight entertainment;
- travel insurance;
- all types taxes and charges imposed by any local government, local authorities and local regulatory body